Friday 11 January 2008

Sorry

I have so neglected this blog, so my New Year's resolution is to post more often on my blog.

Really happy this week! I only put 1.5lb on over Christmas and then lost 2.5 lb this week. This took me to 5 stone and half a pound of weight loss. This makes me really happy as I now have lost more than I still need to lose, I've now got 14 st 13.5 lb to lose, woohoo.

I've also decided to post some of my favourite Weight Watchers recipes every time I post, so this is my all time favourite recipe. I never get fed up of this.

Chicken Jambalaya
serves 4 6 points per serving

2tsp vegetable oil
3 stick celery
2 clove garlic
1 medium red, green or yellow pepper
4 medium tomatoes
1 large onion
450g chicken breast
300g dried rice
10g Cajun seasoning
1 sprig fresh thyme

Cook the rice for about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook, stirring, for 6-8 mins, until browned all over. Add the celery, onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened slightly.
Add the Cajun seasoning, thyme and tomatoes. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 mins.
Drain the rice thoroughly, add to the pan, stirring well to mix everything together. Season and serve.

No comments: