Wednesday 23 January 2008

I'm so hacked off!

I'm so fed up, I lost 1 1/2lb AGAIN!!!!!!! I know I should be happy, but I'm not. I lose 1 1/2lb when I try hard and I lose 1 1/2lb when I don't really try.

I know a loss is a loss and that's how I should look at it, but I can't. I want to lose a large amount just one week! I'm doing all the stuff I should be doing and it just de-motivates me when I keep losing the same amount.

So this week, no unnecessary snacking, no eating unless I'm hungry and I'm going to stop eating when I'm full. I'm also going to use the small plates as my portions have been growing.

I'll feel better now I've whinged, lol.

Chicken Tikka Masala
serves 4 2 1/2 points core

200g plain yogurt
2tsp curry powder
2tsp tomato puree
4 chicken breast fillets, diced

For the sauce
1 onion, chopped finely
1tblsp curry powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
150ml chicken stock
2tblsp chopped coriander

Mix the yogurt together with the curry powder, tomato puree and season, then stir in the chicken. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Preheat the grill and place the marinated chicken peices on the grill rack. Grill for 10-15 mins until cooked through and lightly charred.

Meanwhile, cook the onion in Frylight over a medium heat, for 5-6 mins in a covered pan with 2tblsp water until softened.

Stir in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the grilled chicken and simmer for a further 5 mins. Stir in the coriander just before serving.

I use garam masala instead of curry powder and I add chilli flakes to both the yogurt and the sauce.

No comments: