Wednesday 16 January 2008

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Well, I went to WI and I lost 1.5lb, that's good right? So why don't I feel like that's a good result.

A number of things, I think!

1. I still have such a long way to go that 1lb just makes me think that I am never going to reach goal. Stupid, I know, but when have feelings ever been rational.

2. I weighed at the gym on Saturday and I'd lost 4lb. I know, I know, don't weigh in the middle of the week. Boy, have I learned that lesson, lol.

3. I had sausage and chips at the chip shop. Intellectually I know it won't have made much difference but I get annoyed with myself for doing that the night before wi, but I hurt my knee at the gym and couldn't stand up to make dinner so I made Rob go and get the chips. I really didn't enjoy them.

I also went for coffee with the girls after wi and had a cooked breakfast. That's my LAST ONE, there is no point dieting and then blowing it spectacularly straight after wi. So no more, I'll just have a diet coke.

So here's my recipe,

My favourite chilli recipe
serves 8 4 1/2 points

2 large onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
600g extra lean minced beef
4 red peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
450g mushrooms, sliced
1 small red chilli, seseeded and finely chopped or 1tsp chilli flakes
1kg carrots, finely chopped
2tblsp dried oregano
1tsp paprika
2 bay leaves
1tblsp fennel seeds
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2tblsp tomato puree
1tblsp Worcester sauce
2 x 400g cans kidney beans, drained
300ml vegetable stock (made with stock cube)
small bunch coriander or parsley, to serve

Heat a large non stick pan, spray with Frylight, then stir-fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins or until softened, adding a little water if necessary.

Add the mince, stir fry for 10 mins, until browned, then add the remaining ingredients.

Bring to the boil and simmer gently with a lid on for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season, then serve with the coriander scattered over the top.

This freezes well and you can easily halve all the ingredients to make it for 4 instead of 8. I make it for 8 and freeze it in individual portions. It does make a lot though and you need 2 pans.

No comments: