Tuesday 25 March 2008

Oh dear!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it. After my sts last week (my first one in 10 months), I vowed to have a better week this week and what happened? I've had a terrible week. Usually having the family home makes no difference, but this time we were out and about and I hadn't planned for being out, so I made really poor food choices. I've had Mexican, Chinese and 2 McDonalds this week, whoops. I've also eaten a lot of my son's Easter sweets, thank God he doesn't like chocolate.

So I'm completely dreading wi. So now I've written my weekly menus for this week and I'm going to stick to them, I'm going to prepare the food earlier in the day, rather than getting to 7pm and deciding I'm tired.

I'm also a clerk at my class and I weigh people. This week the leader asked me to make a tea loaf for the class tomorrow morning. Well I only remembered at 1pm today and the fruit needs to soak in tea overnight, so I'm just going to have to soak it until about 9pm tonight, I hope it's alright. I had to rush out to buy all the ingredients and now I've forgotten baking parchment, so I've got to go back to Sainsburys for the 3rd time today, lol. Or more likely, I'll use foil, lol.

Here's a totally gorgeous recipe using pork chops, I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was, but we're definitely having this again, it had so much flavour.


Mustardy pork with leeks
serves 1 4 points

low fat cooking spray
1 pork loin steak
1 leek, trimmed, rinsed and chopped
100ml pork or chicken stock
2tsp grain mustard
1tblsp low fat soft cheese
1tblsp very low fat fromage frais

Lightly coat a non stick frying pan with Frylight.
Season the pork, add to the hot pan, press down well. Fry for 4 mins, then turn over and scatter the leek into the pan around the pork. Cook for a further 4 mins, stirring the leek occasionally.
Pour in the stock and add the mustard, then bubble the sauce rapidly for 2 mins.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in first the soft cheese and then the fromage frais to enrich the sauce. Adjust the seasoning and serve.

No comments: