Thursday 30 April 2009

Steady loss

I lost 2lb this week, that's good, I can live with that. I've got to learn that I'm not going to lose 7lb a week. It was especially good as I learned that I cannot eat pasta, I had spaghetti bolognaise for dinner on Saturday night, 25 minutes later I'd eaten 4 pieces of toast and half a pack of biscuits.

So my no go foods on South Beach so far are

bread (except wraps and pitta)
pasta
pineapple
bananas
biscuits and cakes
chocolate
muesli I'm still unsure about, I think it could be a trigger but I'm sick of eggs for breakfast

I am finding my passion for food and recipes again though, we have tried lots of new foods and lots of new recipes and some of the food is fantastic, especially the kebabs.

Somewhere down the line, I may get extremely tired of salads as that's basically what you have to eat for lunch, unless you have soup and a salad, lol. But doing South Beach definitely works for me! I have no cravings for foods, I don't think about food all day, I'm really enjoying my 3 meals a day and so don't feel the need to snack outside of those meals.

I'm going to try and stick to the plan as much as possible this weekend as we have family coming and that's when I lose the plot, so maybe a BBQ or if we do go out to eat then I'm sticking to the salads and vegetables.

I had a day of eating poorly yesterday after weigh in and I feel absolutely rubbish today because of it, I had bread, muesli, quavers and WW chocolate bars. By the time I got to dinner last night I just couldn't be bothered and ended up having sausage and scrambled eggs because I just couldn't be bothered to cook. So no more bread and carbs for me, no more sugar either, it just makes me feel like utter crap.

No comments: