Thursday 16 April 2009

I'm a happy bunny

I had my first weigh in on Wednesday after changing from WW to South Beach and I lost 3.5lb. I'm really happy with that, especially as it's Easter and I had quite a bit of chocolate, a hot cross bun and a slice of unsliced white bread with butter.

This plan works so much better for me! So much better! I don't get the cravings that I did on WW. I don't eat carbs at all, well the bread, pasta, potato, rice carbs. I am limiting myself to once a week for any of them. So, I had rice on Tuesday, just a little and it wasn't too bad.

But I should definitely have listened to my body more. The cravings, the tiredness, the bingeing were all down to carbs in my opinion. For someone who has polycystic ovaries, they're almost toxic. I eat any of them and I'm like an addict, scrabbling around the kitchen looking for my next fix even if I've just eaten.

I'm not getting tired in the afternoon anymore. I don't have the sugar crash that I was having when my lunch burns off, I feel better, I don't know how I'm going to last exercising as I haven't really tried much exercise as the little one's on school holidays, but I'll just make sure I eat plenty of protein.

I've been a bit naughty yesterday and today, I've had a sausage roll, chocolate cake and crisps but still none of the cravings or feelings of guilt that I normally have.

I'm really enjoying the food again, I can have cheese. Tonight we had mustard pork chops with parmesan, roasted broccoli with garlic and lemon, green beans and mashed cauliflower with cheddar, parmesan and dill, it was absolutely gorgeous, maybe a cheese overload, but gorgeous, lol.

No comments: