Wednesday 11 February 2009

Hello diary

Oh my goodness! Has it really been 6 months since I last posted something and guess what, I weigh 4lb more now than I did then.

I have had a rubbish 6 months, I just haven't been able to get my head or attitude right.

Well today is the start of a brand new me, I lost 4lb. Woohoo.

I also did some research. I have polycystic ovaries and I did some research on diet and PCOS and it turns out that I should eat low GI foods and follow a low GI diet like a South Beach diet or Rosemary Conley.

It means I've had to give up on potatoes and bread, but I can do that. Much as I love bread and especially toast, I'd rather be thinner and healthier. I can do this in the short term and I was 42 last Thursday and I definitely don't want 43 to come round with me still moaning about how much weight I have to lose. So this is my year to concentrate on losing that final 3 stone, I will do it.

When I think about it, bread and potatoes have the same effect on me that sugar has on others, I get the energy rush and crash and then I feel rubbish, so it might do me the world of good to think about the effect that foods have on me.

What does fill me with energy, what makes me feel full, what makes me hungry 10 minutes later? I need to start listening more closely to my body. So that's what I'm going to work on this week.

No comments: